This is a part time position (about 20 hours/week) with the possibility to become full time. Flexible hours but must take place between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
As insurance liaison, you will connect with our insurance providers about specific billing items such as denials, low payments, and appeals. Your primary goal is to ensure our reimbursement is accurate and appropriate for services rendered.
- Deal with insurance denials, appeals, low payments, and any other discrepancies between service and reimbursement,
- Assist in running insurance benefits for clients,
- Work closely with the billing department to ensure timely processing,
- Work closely with the admissions department to assess individual benefits,
- Maintain accurate and organize records of correspondence and dealings with insurance providers.
- Experience working with insurances, substance abuse/mental health preferred,
- Experience in Medical Billing preferred,
- Possesses strong communications skills,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Word.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain a positive collaborative relationship among staff.
Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor
This is a part-time position with the ability to become full-time.
Project Courage is an outpatient substance abuse recovery center looking for a licensed behavioral health/substance abuse clinician to join the team! You will provide individual and group counseling to clients as well as document all notes according to HIPAA guidelines. As we also strive to educate our community, you will also be asked to present and provide knowledge about mental health and substance abuse to schools, organizations, and professionals.
- Complete biopsychosocial evaluations with incoming clients
- Provide individual counseling
- Provide group counseling
- Work seamlessly with our family services to ensure effective treatment
- Document individual and group notes
- Abide by HIPAA guidelines
- Present and provide mental health/substance abuse education to the community
- Must be licensed in the state of CT to provide mental health/substance abuse counseling (LCSW, LADC, LMFT, LPC)
- Must have knowledge of substance use disorder
- Must be able to present and provide mental health/substance abuse education confidently to groups of different sizes
- Must have the ability to work until 9pm on some days
- Must be organized and have good documentation skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must work well with other team members
Our recovery coaches are peer motivators and behavioral activists for those new in recovery. As a recovery coach, you will meet and work with clients in their communities, facilitating positive growth in 11 different life domains.
- Help clients set and work toward life and recovery goals,
- Provide peer-level support and encouragement,
- Work with Project Courage family and individual clinicians for a well-rounded approach,
- Develop resources with clients for ongoing growth.
- Must possess excellent organization and time management skills,
- Must be able to set and hold healthy client/professional boundaries,
- Must have familiarity with the substance use disorder treatment field,
- Must demonstrate self-care.